This evening was another special one for these kids moving up to Young Men and Young Women's and for the boys receiving the priesthood. We had a sweet meeting just for them to talk with them about what to expect as they move forward going to the temple and receiving the priesthood. It was a nice evening. On our way home, Kamea pointed up at the sky and said, "I can see the moon!" I was then reminded that it was the night of the lunar eclipse and that it was already beginning! So, instead of changing into comfortable clothes, I ran in the house, called for the boys and parked myself on my porch to watch and wait as clouds teased by covering the moon and then moving a bit to give us a peek. The boys were as excited as I was. Though it was freezing outside, we stayed determined to see the total eclipse and to get a picture.
After a while, Aaron brought out his longboard and eventually coerced Leeah to sit and ride with him down into the cul de sac. She loved it and it was cute to watch them and get a break for starring up at the sky.
I like this view of the eclipse from my front porch, even though the camera doesn't do justice to what my eyes actually saw.
What a wonderful night and experience with the kids!



No comments:
Post a Comment