Sunday, January 6, 2019

First Sunday 2019

Today was the first Sunday of the new year 2019. We have spent all winter break going to bed late and waking up late, so no one was looking forward to waking up for 9 am church. I knew it was going to be a struggle for the kids. Sure enough, after many failed attempts at me waking them, they finally started getting up and I found myself assisting all 4 kiddos with their different needs at 8:45am, but luckily for us, we live so near to the chapel, that we got there on time!
I have to admit, it was a bittersweet day for me at church. I thought that I had 1 more year until Kamea moved on to the Young Women's program, but last week we were informed with the change in when children move on from Primary to the Youth Program. Traditionally it was when they turned 12. But now it is the year they turn 12 beginning in January. So, that means that since it is January of the year Kamea turns 12, she has now moved up to the Young Women's program as an 11-year-old. It hurts this momma!!! But I know she is ready and needs this in her life right now. She needs other strong women besides me to guide her and love her and help her find her testimony. I am excited for her!!!
(Kamea's last day in Primary)

2 comments:

DeEtta said...

Yay, you have started blogging again.

Thavee said...

It feels good to read your blog post (again...as mom said)! :)

It does hurt to see Kamea growing and advancing in life so quickly. She's excited and she's enjoying the experience. That's all I can hope for, and I'm happy enough with that.

Keep writing and sharing!

Love you!